A sampling of yesterday's Dunderisms, as reported in Hansard:
1) "All I can say is we should all give thanks that the Leader of the Opposition is not a general in some war, because she would be posting regularly when her next surprise attack is coming."
2) "Mr. Speaker, there is no trouble to know that Roger has been around for the last couple of weeks. The only problem is, Mr. Speaker, it is great when they ask questions but it is just too bad that they waited seven years to do so."
3) "Mr. Speaker, I know the Leader of the Opposition spends an awful lot of time listening to the radio - that is where they get most of their questions for Question Period - but she missed an exciting announcement again from Newfoundland and Labrador Hydro yesterday when they reduced again the sulphur content of the fuel that is being used at Hydro."
4) "Now, Mr. Speaker, this energy plan has been lauded right throughout this country and through the world as a visionary statement, and lays down very clearly a plan for energy development for the next forty, fifty years, Mr. Speaker. I would suggest that the Leader of the Opposition spend a little bit more time with it and get some feedback from people outside of the Province, and outside of her own office."
5) "We share this information on a regular basis. It is important to us that the people of Newfoundland and Labrador know what we are doing. Not like the last deal, Mr. Speaker, not like the last deal that these people tried to negotiate back in 2002. We have developed the expertise within Nalcor and within Newfoundland and Labrador Hydro to be able to facilitate this kind of planning and to make these kinds of commercial arrangements."
6) "This is not all being done from the Premier’s Office like it was done under Premier Grimes [sic] Administration, Mr. Speaker."
7) "It runs right across the full membership of the Opposition. They never let the facts get in the way of a good story."
Blowing that much hot air must be a hard afternoon's work. Seven gratuitous insults hurled at the Opposition in just one question period, plus three irrelevant references to an administration that held power six years ago.
Who knew that Roger Grimes still loomed so large in the minds of such masterfully optimistic cabinet ministers? Who knew that a decimated Opposition with so few members could get a bold and brilliant cabinet minister so agitated and spiteful?
No wonder DW wanted a clean sweep in the last election. Here's the link to Hansard:
NOT(X) = X Update: